Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The sweetest sorry EVER!!!

So I'm making lunch for the kids a little while ago and call the children in to sit at the table and Maxwell takes one look at his plate and this conversation follows...

Maxwell - (as sassy as the sassiest 3 year old) "Hey, I don't want 4, I want 5" (pieces of pbj sandwich)

Me - "How about a thanks mom for lunch instead of complaining."

Maxwell - "Well, I want 5 not 4..."

Me - "Do you want me to cut one of them in half so you can have 5."

Maxwell - (starting to cry a little) "NO, I just want 5"

Me - "If you don't stop talking to me like that you are going to go to bed with no lunch." (I know, such a mom thing to say)

Maxwell - (Now really crying and screaming) "But I just want 5 not 4....."

Me - (I pick him up and put him in the bedroom and close the door - while he screams) "You can come out when you calm down and are ready to eat."

Maxwell - (comes out of the room wiping his tears) "Mom, I need a hug."

I pick him up and squeeze him tight "BIG hugs" (as he always says).....Then out of no where an unrequested apology.....

Maxwell - "I'm sorry for yelling at you Mom, I love you so much!"

How can I possibly stay mad at that..... So we cut one of his quartered sandwich pieces in half and then he had 5!

I guess waking up an hour earlier than normal can make him do and say crazy things...love that cute little maxwell boy!

7 comments:

Tara said...

mmmm, what a good little boy. Well, after the temper tantrum but, to humble himself and apologize is so grown up of him!

Meggen said...

How sweet! Don't moments like that make all the sassiness in the world worth it? I wish I could have "big hugs" from that little guy too. I miss and love you all! Big hugs from the big sis!

Emily said...

That was a very cute story! Something wierd... my girls woke up 1 hour early this morning too and I have no idea why. These cousins are all in tune with each other!

Heather Harper said...

That's so cute! I love it when they realize they did something wrong. It's also nice to hear how you handled the situation. I need all the help I can get right now!!

Jamie said...

Glad you wrote that story down...you'll love to look back and read it someday:)

Nikki said...

Ohhh... sweet little Maxwell. It is such a reward to have them say sweet things without being prompted to.

Brooke said...

Don't you just live for times like that! What a sweet little boy! I wish he and Parker got to see eachother more often. I'm sure they would have lots of fun! Miss you guys! Love you too!