Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Jungle Adventure

Everyday I try to get the children out to play outside. Somedays it's harder than others to think of new ideas that will keep the children interested and engaged in their imagination. So lately we have been going on a "jungle adventure" around the block. A lot of the neighbors have palm trees and flowers and lots of big plants. One of the neighbors even has a cool patch of tall snake grass lining their drive way. So in order to distranct them from wanting me to carry them (because the exercise is for all of us) we look for wild animals. We often come across sleeping aligators we have to sneak past, friendly monkeys we wave hello to in the trees (sometimes they even come down and sit on our shoulders), big jungle cats we have to run from, slithering snakes that hiss at us as we pass, and lot's of big harry spiders that crawl towards us as we creep by. We have to duck our heads to go through some of the thick low hanging vines and often have to be on the lookout for anything that might attack us.
I love seeing the children use their imagination to come up with fun activities, especially as I see that play continue on just between the 3 of them throughout the day. They really enjoy roll playing and taking turns making up things for eachother to do.....definitely something that makes being a mom so great!
Eva

Maxwell showing off his treasures

Mia did not want her picture taken

7 comments:

Angie said...

Tammy- You are so good to get them out everyday. We have dirt hills in our backyard and I am in the habit of not letting the boys go out...for fear that they'll be too dirty. Jeremy wants me to break the habit...boys should get dirty. I'm working on it.

Nikki said...

What a fun mom you are! I love the girls dresses. I had one for Liv and I am sooo sad that it doesn't fit anymore. It was one of my favorite dresses she has had.

Marci said...

Ok, you inspire me. P.S. how come your kids aren't in magazines???

Jamie said...

Oh little Mia is so cute! You are such a great mommy! Making a walk so full of adventure! I would never think of that...I just take the girls on a walk and call it good! Yes, the kids do need to get out everyday though,huh!

Kari and Brian said...

How creative and fun for the kids. They are so darling.

Meggen said...

What a good mom you are! These are precious, priceless times. Cherish them always. I know you do . . . that's why you blog about them! Love you!

Emily said...

Okay, you're the coolest mom EVER! Your walks are way better than any we have ever gone on! Way to be creative Tammy! My kids will want to hang out with you all the time! Love Mia's picture!