Friday, May 15, 2009

So Sweet!

Yesterday while driving home from picking Maxwell up from school this was our conversation:

Maxwell - "Mom, are we going to go to Brian's baseball game today?"
Me - "Yes, in a couple of hours."
Maxwell - "Where is the game at?"
Me - "I don't know, you will have to ask Daddy when we get home."
Maxwell - (a little irritated) "How come Daddy knows everything?"

To bad he won't always feel that way:) Later that day while driving to a friends house I started telling Maxwell that he was going to be able to attend hero camp again this summer like he did last summer, our conversation went like this:

Maxwell - "Mom, what's a hero?"
Me - "A hero is someone you look up to and want to be like, Daddy could be your hero if you want to be like Daddy when you grow up."
Maxwell - "Or Jesus, if you want to be like him. He could be a hero."

It's moments like this that I need to remember when my children are having meltdowns and screaming like they are possessed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a little cutie pie! I love the picture of Maxwell on your sidebar. He is adorable! :o)

Proudfit Family said...

Look at you blogging regularly. I adore the age the boys areat. They are so darn cute and I think our wonderful parenting is paying off. They have been listening for the past 4 years! Can't wait to see you!

Jamie said...

That is adorable! And I love the recent pics you posted! Keep em comin!

Melody said...

Love that you are bloggin more often lady! Keep it up. What a sweet boy Maxwell is. You are a great mommy.

Nikki said...

I love it. It feels so good when your kids say stuff like that. He's a sweetheart.

Meggen said...

Sweet, Sweet!

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

That is so sweet:)