Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a.... BOY!!!!

So, as some of you know we usually don't find out at the ultrasound what we are having (with exception of the twins). We enjoy having it be a surprise.
Well, Maxwell has been talking about his little brother in the present tense for about a year now. He is always saying things like "When my little brother comes..." For example, when we moved back to Utah and we were getting his room unpacked he said "Mom, we need to get a bunk bed, so that when my little brother comes, he can sleep on the bottom and I can sleep on the top." He would talk about it so often in normal conversation that before I was even pregnant I would have people we knew ask if I was expecting.
We decided to tell the children we were pregnant on Christmas day. We wrapped up a pair of white baby shoes and let them open it. After they tore the bag open they all just kind of looked at me puzzled. I said "do you know what that means?" Maxwell said "You want me to help my brother tie his shoes??" "Yeah, so what does that mean?" I said. "You want me to help my brother put his shoes on??" "So, what does that mean?" I said again. Then it hit him. His face was so great!! "You, mean right now?" as he looked at my stomach. "Well, just a couple of weeks after you turn 7, in July." All the of them were so excited and it wasn't even a question of boy or girl? it has always been a boy if you asked Maxwell.
When I found out I was expecting the first thing I said to Casey was that we had to find out the gender of this baby, because if it's not a boy Maxwell's going to need some time to adjust.

When we went to the Ultrasound on Monday. As we walked in the ultrasound tech said "So, are you finding out what you're having?" Maxwell said "It's a brother." and Mia said "Yeah, we have to many sisters, we need a brother."
When it came time to find out the tech said "Well, you're getting a brother" pointing to his little boy part. Maxwell yelled... "I knew it!" as he held my hand. His face was absolutely priceless, smiling from ear to ear. He did know it, no doubt.
Later that day he hugged me and kissed my belly and said "Mom, I just can't believe we're getting a brother... Kylynne's still going to be 2 when my brother comes and you'll be too crazy trying to take care of two babies, so you take care of Kylynne and I'll take care of my brother."
He can't wait. He's even got the twins calling the baby "Maxwell's brother".

We are so very excited and feel overwhelmingly blessed by this wonderful news. Some how it feels complete... Though I can't say for sure yet if this is our last, this precious baby boy was absolutely meant to be in our family. We are all so HAPPY!!

I know, I look further along than I really am... Baby #5 will do that to a girl!





5 comments:

Shanell said...

Maxwell totally called it, another little man! I am so excited for you all, I can't wait to see pics of another gorgeous chubby-cheeked Gerber baby!

I would love to kidnap Jamie and have ladies night, let's totally do it!!

Rebecca Waldron said...

Hooray! I'm so excited. Maxwell is adorable. How sweet that he said he would take care of his brother for you. I love little Kylynne in the last photo too. Congrats!

Shelley said...

So cute! So excited for "Maxwell's brother". Love it. Your belly looks so.cute, by the way.

Heather Harper said...

I love it!!! I can't wait to see another Waldron baby boy! And you look great....for sure NOT further along than what you are. I swear I'm already showing. haha!
LOVE YOU!!

byers babes said...

Casey & Tammy - congrats on Maxwell's brother! Very excited for you guys. I have to tell you that I show my kids your blog and they all think your twins are my Brooke. Brooke will say, "hey! there's me! Hey! There's TWO of me!" Very funny. Love seeing all these cute pics of your beautiful family. xoxo