Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday

I love Easter Sunday... It's such a wonderful time to reflect on the priceless sacrifice our Savior made for all of us as well as the fact that He is risen!!!
We tried to focus the day around the Savior by listening to a talk by Bruce R. Mckonkie (thanks mom for the copy). As we listened the children were all surprisingly quiet and after is was over Maxwell said "Mom, I listened to the whole thing." So I asked what he learned from the talk and he said "I already knew that Jesus went to the garden of Gethsemane and that he was resurrected." Then Eva piped in "Yeah, and that he died on the cross for us." Yesss... (happy parent moment) they do listen!!

I am so grateful for the life that our Savior lived and the incomprehensible sacrifice he made for me personally. He does know each of us individually and loves us unconditionally. He lives to bless us and direct us back to him.

In the car on the way home from church Mia said "Why do we have to go where Jesus is? Why can't he just come to where we are." then Eva said "Yeah, I want him to be in our family and not with anyone else."

Happy Easter!!!








5 comments:

Meggen said...

Such cute little things your kids say! I just love them! I love the pictures too, especially the last one. Glad we could spend some time together for Easter.

Trudy said...

I am so happy the family listened to that wonderful talk! It was inspiring. Sure love you and the kids and Casey!!!!!!

Sherilyn and Donovan said...

What a beautiful family you have!! I love children and I love it when they express their little thoughts, especially ones about Jesus!!

Shanell said...

Those are the cutest matching outfits, I just love them! You are great at putting things like that together- I need you to go shopping with me!

Elissa said...

You're such an awesome mom! And by the way look at your gorgeous kids!! They are getting so big! Lets get together soon! Love you mucho lady!