Monday, September 19, 2011

Graham the Man

Graham Gary Waldron was born July 27th, 2011 at 12:09pm. My due date was July 24th and although I was expecting to be overdue and not particularly in favor of the idea of being induced (after the crazy experience with Kylynne's induction) after lot's of prayer, thought and talking with my Doctor I decided to be induced.
I went into the hospital at 7:30am checked in, filled out paperwork, got my IV and was ready to see my doctor. The wonderful Dr. Jones (who also delivered Eva and Mia) checked me and said I was at about 4cm and broke my water at about 9:30am. I got my epidural around 10:15am and never felt any real painful contractions, by this time I was only at about 5cm. After some minor dips in my blood pressure and some dizziness the nurse gave me a little bit of oxygen and some medication to bring my blood pressure back up and then said to let her know if I felt any pressure in my bottom or if I felt the need to push. At about 11:30 I started feeling a lot of pressure down there so I pushed my call button and she came in to check me. As soon as she did she said "you ready to have a baby, cause it's time to push but you'll have to wait a few minutes for Dr. Jones to finish up a delivery. I think it was about 15 minutes later when he came in. Two big pushes and baby boy Waldron was born at 12:09pm. He came out crying and continued to cry and cry for about an hour. I couldn't get him to nurse or be comforted at all so I handed him to Casey and Daddy's magic touch was all it took. Casey rocked him (or bumped him - all you Waldrons know what I'm talking about!) and he finally calmed down and fell asleep.
He was my biggest baby at 8lbs 10oz and 20 1/2in long (and man did I feel it!)

As many of you know it took us about 10 days to decide on a name. That is a long story!!
Graham is a sweet boy and has already changed SO MUCH! I have lot's and lot's of helpers all the time, sometimes too much!

I wondered how Kylynne would take it because she is normally very much a daddy's girl but the last couple of weeks before I had Graham she became VERY clingy to me. I think she knew she was about to lose her place as the baby.

I have been nursing but have been giving bottles as well because my milk supply hasn't been the greatest. The kids LOVE helping and feeding baby. They are all SO excited when it's their turn.



Right after his first bath

Graham slept with us in bed, something I NEVER thought I would do but he slept so much better those first few weeks. It was the best thing ever waking up to this little angel snuggled up next to me. We got lucky somehow and he started sleeping throught the night at about 4 1/2 weeks old and has been since, so he sleeps in his bed now but still in our room.





Kylynne is still very much a daddy's girl and always has to get in on snuggle time when Casey is holding Graham.... He loves it!





1 week




























Mia




Eva


He's growing so much and starting to smile and coo. He is so sweet that I just have to kiss him every second I can get. We LOVE having another boy and are so excited he is in our family. It looks like this little dude is going to have brown eyes, yay, I'm crossing my fingers they stay that way!!

9 comments:

Meggen said...

We're sure happy this sweet little man joined our family! Love you Waldrons all so much!!!

Shanell said...

Congratulations, Tammy! Another gorgeous baby to add to the the already fabulously cute family!!

Elissa said...

Tams he's precious!! Just keep having em girl, you guys make perfect blondies! We need to hang out soon. Ryan owes you guys some shrimp! Hope you're doing well. Love ya!

Nikki said...

He looks so much like Casey! Ohhhh... I want to see his little self in person. You are amazing. I'm struggling with two... you are an inspiration.

Jamie said...

Gorgeous! I think he looks different than the other kids! I can't tell who he looks like. I can't wait to finally meet him! When are we getting together?

The McGary Family said...

Congrats! Love the family pic at the hospital. Glad everything is going well for you guys, miss ya!

Brad and Michelle Peterson said...

Love your blog. It's so fun to see your family. Your little man is so cute! Congratulations. And I can't believe how grown up all your kids look. Our blog is littlebitsofthisnthat.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. It will be fun to see what you guys have been and are up to.

lkalder said...

Congrats to you all! You look beautiful Tammy. Your kids are so cute and look so happy holding their baby brother!

Heather Harper said...

Awe shoot, I can overnight some of my milk to you if you need it!!! Why didn't you tell me on the phone, I could donate to YOU, not some milk bank. lol!
He is soooo stinkin cute but who you expect anything else? I can't tell who he looks like though?? And I love his little outfit with the monkey on his bum. I have one of those too but Tyson won't be able to wear it for a long time. And it's 0-3 months!
I can't wait until we can get together someday and trade babies; you hold mine and I hold yours. Although they could be one year by then, who knows. Or maybe someday we can have a bday party for them together since they are so close. :) You're an amazing mommy and so glad you have lots of help.
I LOVE YOU and all those kids. Say hi to Casey. Miss you so much!