Tuesday, March 25, 2008

8 Years and looking forward to 50 more........

Sunday the 23rd (easter sunday) was our 8th wedding anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CASEY BABY!!


THE PROPOSAL:

I knew it was coming…..sometime……..but this caught me so off guard. Casey is the king of surprises!
So, we are driving just the two of us to look at a car he said he was thinking of buying and he wanted me to see it………. When, out of no where he ran a stop sign. And of course as we were going through the intersection I saw the police car to my right parked on the street. He stops us and proceeds with the usual “drivers license and registration.” After a very, very long pause he comes back and starts asking questions, like “what is your current address? What have you been doing tonight? Have you been drinking? He then leaves again for a very long time and then comes back to the car and asks Casey to please step out of the car. He takes him around the back and sits him on the curb. So I’m starting to get really nervous. He then comes back to me and tells me there is a problem and that he has to take Casey down to the station and then leaves again. By this time I am shaking and starting to freak out. He comes back and asks me to step out of the car. He says that he is taking Casey down to the station that he has a warrant out for his arrest and he has him handcuffed. Then I start wondering what on earth he had done. He tells me that I need to drive the car back to Casey's parents house or it will be impounded and I have no clue where we are or how to get back. He then asks if there is anything that Casey wants to tell me before they leave and I’m thinking in my head “what have you done, is it drugs, what?!” So he rolls over on his knees and starts to tell me that he loves me and I still don’t get it… but then he says it…..”Will you marry me?”………..”Huh!!!” I was speechless. My whole body was shaking, then here comes the Waldron family out of the bushes with a video camera and some flowers and I still don’t know what to say, except for uh..yes….... of course!:) The officer uncuffed Casey and then handcuffed us together and says “get used to it, this is what marriage is all about”. I was so surprised and excited. What an amazing way to propose. Casey is always thinking of ways to surprise me even still and I love that about him. He is the Best.... I love you Casey, forever and ever!
(for everyone who doesn't know...Casey's dad is a police officer, so he helped arrange things.)

Yesterday we had a great day...thanks to Shelley and Autumn for their help with the children.....thanks girls!!
We spent some time at the beach in the sun and then held hands and walked in the sand while the sun set. We had a nice dinner and spent some time running around to some of the spots we loved to go while dating and engaged and shared memories of each other and our early marriage. At the end of the night we went back to the spot that Casey proposed and walked along the park path in the moonlight. It was a perfect day together. I love you Casey and am so grateful for the husband and father that you are. I am grateful to be a part of the Waldron family and look forward to sharing our lives together. I love you baby!



Here are a few pictures of us through our marriage. I wish I had a scanner so that I could put a bunch of pictures of us as we dated. Maybe one of these days I'll get over to my sister in-laws to get them scanned so that I can post them.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

Happy anniversary. I'm glad you guys were able to have a great day. Well deserved. I loved the proposal story. You are one sexy Mama and I love you to death. :)

Brooke said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! You two have made such a beautiful family! Love you!

Kristen said...

What a wonderful post! Happy Anniversary! You guys look the exact same way you did 8 years ago...gorgeous as ever!

What a fun way to propose :) I love it!

Jamie said...

So cute! Love the proposal story! You are one lucky girl and don't you forget it! I am so glad I was able to be at your wedding...what a lovely day!

Jaime said...

Wow...eight years!!! Time flies!!!! I loved hearing about the proposal. Glad that you guys had a great anniversary. You deserve it!!!!

Proudfit Family said...

Awww -- I never knew thats how Casey proposed!! What a little stud muffin! Congrats on eight years and three kids. You guys are the best and we love you!

Heather Harper said...

Did you forget that I was in the bushes too?!? :( That was a great way to propose. I remember going with Derek to get the flowers while you were out driving around.
I've always wondered what you were thinking while sitting in the car. Did you really think Casey did something?!? haha.
Well, Happy Anniversary. I thought about you guys on Sunday and meant to call. I love you both!! You're great friends and a perfect couple!

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!! Can you believe it's been 8 years? We had such great memories hanging out with you guys in Provo when we were engaged and just married! I loved the pictures you posted! I love you guys and I am so happy you live here now!