Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Brithday Mia and Eva!!!!!



Two years ago today the sweetest pair of twin girls ever born came into our family. We absolutely love having them in our lives!


FLASH BACK FRIDAY........

In October of 2005 I went in for my 20 week ultrasound as all pregnant woman do. As I laid on the table with anticipation I had a "feeling".......the doctor came in and lifted my shirt to begin the ultrasound. The first image to come up on the screen was two small circles. The radiologist looked at me and said...."do you know what that is?.....butterflies started racing around in my stomach and my heart started to pound....."that's a head, and that's a head.....you have twins!" I knew it! Casey on the other hand couldn't believe it! We talked about how neat it would be to have twins long before I was pregnant with Maxwell, and this time around I just knew. Casey was in shock! He always said he would love to have twins but sometimes I wonder if he only said that because he didn't think it would ever really happen.

And that was the beginning of life as we know it now..........

I really think that we were prepared for a long time to have these two special girls. They were truly meant to come to our family. I also know that they were there in heaven to greet our sweet mother Karen when she passed on through the veil. They bring so much joy and love to our family. I am overwhelmed most days at how much they have blessed our family. When they came into our home they brought so much strength, encouragement and love with them. I look back and know that the only reason we got through those first couple of months so well was because of the overwhelming amount of help from beyond the veil. They opened up a small path to heaven into our home and undoubtedly an unmeasurable amount of strength. Their little spirits are so strong and so pure. They are absolute sweetness!
I am so thankful to be a mother and to have the opportunity for growth that comes because of it.


NICK NAMES FOR MIA & EVA:

snuggs
snuggie bear
snuglet sisters
sis/sissy/sisters
evie e
mia me
little eve's
me me
the me's
the eve's
evie
sweetest

The next milestone is getting these little princess' potty trained. They are so excited to wear their big girl princess unders. Maybe next month or so we'll start trying it out!


This morning we had our traditional birthday breakfast! Waffles with icecream, bananas, chocolate and carmel syrup topped off with whipping cream....Yummm!
This tradition was inspired by my Dad who used to make this for us as kids, thanks dad!

14 comments:

Marci said...

I really enjoyed looking at all your adorable pics of your beautiful girls and family. Reading your beautiful blog about your babies actually makes me what to get pregnant for about a second. :)

Shelley said...

Soooo cute Tam! Happy Birthday Mia and Eva! We love you!
Shelley

DAVE AND KATIE said...

I can't believe they are already 2!!! I Love all the cute pictures. They are so sweet! Happy Birthday sisters! :)

Kristen said...

They melt my heart they are so cute! Happy Birthday Mia and Eva!
Boy does that dessert look good:)

That is so cool that you "knew" you were having twins. What a blessing they are!!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday Mia and Eva! I can't believe they were born on Valentine's Day... I had no idea! I love that everyone is bloggin. I never really got to see you and Casey (or the kids) and now I can see them anytime I want! I love it! Well, two years old, huh? I will cross my fingers that they avoid the terrible two's stage. Luckily you guys have so many family members around that can help (including Autumn and Jacqueline), lucky girl! Tell Case i said hi! and ... Happy Valentine's Day!

Brooke said...

Such beautiful little girls! I loved the slide show! Happy Birthday Mia and Eva!

Heather Harper said...

Happy Birthday girls! I love that they are ALWAYS smiling!!
I remember the day you called me to tell me you were having twins. I knew you weren't going to find out what you were having, so when you called I just KNEW there was bigger news. I'm just as nervous thinking about it as I was that day. Crazy!
I love you, and you have the cutest girls.

Kari and Brian said...

I can,t believe the girls are two. How time flies. You do have the cutest kids. Happy Birthday to Mia and Eva!!

Elissa said...

Okay I know I'm late!! But I love your blog about the girls!! They are so precious! Happy Birthday to the cutest twinsie's we know!!!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Girlies!!!! I didn't realize that they were born on Valentines Day....that is so cool :) I love all of the cute pictures and I love your dads birthday breakfast idea! What a neat tradition!

Emily said...

Tammy what a great post! I got teary reading it and looking at the sweet pictures of the "little suggies." You and Casey are such great parents to your 3 adorable kiddos! I'm just so happy you live close to us now! Love you lots!

Ben & Sheri said...

Hey Tammy! Your little family is so cute! I can't believe they girls are already 2! How are you? Our blog is sheriben.blogspot.com. I hope its ok that I added you :)

Shelley said...

Tam, I'm tagging you. Go to my blog, and it will explain what to do.
Love
Shell

Trudy said...

Dear Tammy,
Dad and I love your blog. Thank you for sharing such great photos. Sorry you have been feeling sick. Hope you are much better today. We were very impressed with your swim suit picutres. You are quite a 'babe'. You two are so cute! We love you, Tammy and family. Love, Mom and Dad