Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yes, she is a girl.... Baby girls can never be too girly!!

It's that time... Kylynne is a month older than Eva and Mia were when they got their ears pierced. Kylynne did so good and the girl at Claire's did a great job, she was really fast. Kylynne didn't cry for long. She is such a little sweetie. She even got a sucker for being so brave. Of course we didn't take the wrapper off, but she enjoyed it anyway!

Casey can't stand all the frills, but please, it's not like i want our girls to grow up afraid to get their hands dirty but I say there's nothing wrong with having a girl that gets picked first playing kickball even though she's wearing a skirt:o)
I know the whole idea of piercing a baby's ears can be slightly controversial and maybe I have some unconscious desire to do it while they are babies because I had to wait until I was 12. All I know is that I think it's adorable!

On another note. Someone needs to teach my husband how to take a picture. He Always cuts my head off... and could they be any more off center... (you know I love you babe)



7 comments:

Heather Harper said...

I will pierce by daughter's ears when they're babies too! I think it's cute.

And I totally agree with the idea of teaching husbands how to take pictures. I don't mind taking them all the time, but then there's never any of me in them. And if I ask Jared to take a picture, he doesn't look at it to make sure someone's eyes are closed, or you see the whole world in the picture and us as little dots in the middle. Focus on the people in the picture, not the background. And please make sure we ALL look good! Is it that hard? I don't get it either! But I love him....

Jamie said...

I love it! She is such a doll!

Marci said...

I must disagree! I hate that we have to give our babies shots, let alone getting ears pierced!!! I don't know how you do it! Ouch! However, your little ones are still the cutest things I've ever seen!

Shanell said...

We told Syd she could decide when she was 8, but she still doesn't want to. Whatever, it is just one of those crazy pagan rituals that we all seem to do at one point or another just for the looks of it.

A sporty girl would be fun to have, but I hope my baby girl is studious and nerdy. They stay out of trouble and grow up to have amazing careers as everyone else's boss. =)

Shanell said...

We should plan something next time you come down!

Kas said...

I agree. I BEGGED doug to let me pierce Dakota's ears and we could never agree, so now she is almost 18 months and still no earrings :(

Camilla said...

i love the pic of her gnawing on the unopen lollipop, too cute.