Thursday, September 17, 2009

Boys :o)

So, I just got home from picking Maxwell and his friend Ethan up from school and this is the conversation that took place while we drove...

Me: "Ethan are you going to make a pinewood derby car to race at the ward dinner tomorrow?"

Ethan: "Well, we have a block but we have to cut it and my mom doesn't want to cut it because she doesn't want to cut herself..... Hey one time my uncle was cutting something and he cut two of his fingers off and now his fingers are smaller, it was crazy."

Maxwell: "Did he die?"

Ethan: "No, he didn't die."

Maxwell: "Well, when you get cut you die."

Ethan: "No, you only die if you get cut on your body."

Maxwell: "Oh, you mean if you get your head cut off or you get stabbed here (pointing to his stomach) then you'll die?"

Ethan: "Yeah."

Maxwell: "Then you go to heaven for a long time and then you can come back to earth."

Ethan: "Yeah, you get resurrected and you will never die again."

Maxwell: "Yeah, when I get resurrected I'm going to go back to my house."

I was cracking up the whole way home.... Boys definitely have different conversations than girls.

Today Mia came up to me and said "Mom my dress is falling down because the snappers aren't done. Can you do the snappers please?" (referring to her sleeping beauty dress)

I think I prefer talk over dresses rather than dying but it was funny to hear :p

3 comments:

Camilla said...

I'm cracking up!! Those boys are hilarious and yes, Ethan's uncle did cut his fingers off using his table saw. I'm glad they know they'll be resurrected...something is sinking in right?

Meggen said...

Cute! Yes, boys can really be an adventure! You are such a great mom!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute! Maxwell and Ethan are adorable. I can't believe Kylynn can clap...Rebekah doesn't understand that concept yet. :o)