Monday, September 7, 2009

For the last 3 years we have taken a family trip down to Oceanside to stay in a condo near the beach and it's something we would like to make a tradition.

This last week in Oceanside was by far the best California beach week of my life(so far)! Let me explain... I'm a Utah girl, born and raised and a bit of a baby when it comes to cold water, so I don't go in the ocean in California... it's too COLD! But this last week in Oceanside was like being in Hawaii for me... ok that's pushing it... but it was pretty close. The water was perfect, the temperature was perfect, the crowds were anything but and the company was FABULOUS!! The baby was an angel considering she cut 3 teeth while we were there, the twins had such a great time playing in the sand and Maxwell was practically a pro at wave jumping, boogie boarding and SURFING... and we ALL enjoyed to pool at the condo. It was so fun having two of Casey's sisters and their families out to play at the beach with us... nothing beats family... although we did miss, very much, one of our BFF's whose name shall remain unmentioned (you know who you are)

Maxwell has been talking about going surfing with Casey since we moved here but has never gotten up the guts to actually do it. But this time he not only got on the long board but he stood up on the long board.
Seeing him conquer his fear of the ocean and actually get up on the surf board absolutely made the trip for me. The look on his face was priceless. Watching him ride his first wave in was one of those "mom moments" when time seems to slow down and the tears start to flow. He is getting so big!!

The 3 girls and I had a little "girls night" on Thursday night while Casey and Maxwell rode the train back to Costa Mesa for Maxwell's soccer practice and Casey's softball game.
The girls and I went down to the pier to walk around and then got ice cream at dairy queen. The girls loved watching all the people fishing off the pier. When we first walked onto the pier there was a man reeling in a fish and when he pulled it up onto the pier Eva turned to me and said "Mom look, the fishy's dancing and the waves are singing a song!" I want to just squeeze my babies all the time, they are so cute!

Memories I will cherish forever!! LOVED IT!

Please pause the annoying music on the slide show when you scroll down to see it... for some reason I couldn't remove it! ENJOY!

1 comment:

Meggen said...

SO FUN!!! I would have loved to share the week with you on the beach too! You took some great shots, Tam! I love the video of Maxwell surfing! They are all growing up so fast! Hugs and kisses to all!