Monday, September 14, 2009

Maxwell's 1st day kindergarten....

Maxwell was so excited about his first day of kindergarten. His school offers a "jump start" program that the kindergartners and parents can go to two weeks before school starts so that they can get familiar with the teachers and the school. So by the time the first day rolled around Maxwell was ready to rock it. He even combed his own hair that day and I was just happy that I didn't have to fight him on it.
I thought I was ready for him to go up until the week before and then everytime someone mentioned it I started to cry. But when the big day came I held up better than I thought I would. Maxwell was a champ though... He waved good bye with a big smile and said "I'll see you after school." He loves his teacher and seeing his friends everyday.
There was one day though last week that Maxwell had a play date with a friend right after school and then went straight to soccer practice after that so I didn't see him until about 6 o'clock that night. When he came home he hugged my leg really tight and started to cry. Casey had just told him that we had to go to over to the church for a meeting and that he and the girls were going to stay home with aunt Jackie. He said that he didn't want me to go and that it was "to long of a day without me." Awe, it just melted my heart... he does need me :o)





5 comments:

Brooke said...

What a handsome big boy he is! Glad he's loving school!

Meggen said...

Yeah, Maxwell! Now you are a big school boy! We all love you and are so proud of you! We hope you have a great school year!

Nikki said...

Wow! Maxwell looks absolutely adorable. What a handsome devil. I'm glad you guys made it through the first big day. I'm glad that he is liking school.

Camilla said...

Aw, you didn't tell me that. If its ever not working out for you just let me know.

Mae said...

What a good job he did on his hair!! I can't even imagine sending Zane to school!