Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHSHAKE!!

So as I was sitting here putting together that last post I experienced my first earthquake here in Cali. Eva was playing upstairs and Maxwell and Mia were playing here by the table while I typed. At first I thought that Mia was shaking the table then it got stronger and Maxwell came close to me and asked "what's that Mom?". My heart started pounding super hard as everthing in the house shook and the dishes in the kitchen rattled, it lasted probably only 15 or 20 seconds but felt a lot longer than that. Casey called right away to make sure everything was ok. He was driving and said all the traffic lights were swinging and everything was shaking. Nothing was damaged, but it was strong enough that it gave us all a good scare. I don't like feeling like I'm not in control and for a few seconds the thoughts of my family getting hurt scared me to death!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh! I am so glad you are ok! That would scare the pants off of me!

Heather Harper said...

I hope to never feel an earthquake!, I think that would be the scariest of all the....the things; you know, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. Maybe tornadoes would be worse, I don't know. :)
I'm glad you guys are okay!!!

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Yikes! I heard about that! I'm glad everything was ok though! Thats really gotta be scarey! Especially as a parent!

But, I'm so glad you gave in and stared the series! & I'm even happier you like it! Yeah! We'll for sure have to chat it up when you're all done!

Ps...
What did you think about his season of SYTYCD!? I don't know but last year seemed so much more intense to me? Maybe it was better, but I'm thinking its because you weren't watching it with me! :) Miss you!!!